Wednesday, October 21, 2015

"Love your fellow as yourself."


“Love your fellow as yourself."

           I think that this mitzvah means that we must treat each other as fairly as we want to be treated. We shouldn’t exclude others for being different from ourselves. You should be as good a person as you can, and try to keep the world peaceful in your own way. Personally, I try my hardest to be as nice as I can to those around me, and I try to make people at least smile, in hopes that their day can stay good. I think as a Jew this is very important because Judaism is very focused on Tikun Olam as well as Tzedakah, which to me can be represented in keeping the world peaceful and happy. 


           This picture is really simple, but to me it speaks volumes. It's a random moment, but everyone just jumped into the picture that Zach was taking at the water fall after we had spent awhile hiking in the sun. To me, it showed that even though we weren't all that close, the people that didn't usually hang out shared a moment of success together. To me, this fits into loving your fellow as yourself because our differences were put aside as we were simply excited to be together after a hot hike. 

2 comments:

  1. I really like your interpretation of this Mitzvot and I completely agree that we need to be accepting to others because we would want others to be open and accepting to us. The picture that you chose shows that it is so much easier and more fun to be together as friends, to make memories without judgments, and to follow the "golden rule" than to exclude others for being themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete