Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Lissie Levitt Oral Law: You shall not render an unfair decision

 I chose this because I think it is important to us to not judge a person by their skin color, financial status, sexual orientation, religion, and many more important characteristics of a person. I know my fellow class mates here about this organization Camp Jenny a lot, but I think I can say that the idea can be related. For those reading, Camp Jenny is a camp over memorial day weekend for elementry schoolers in inner city Atlanta all living in poverty. This camp encourages the students to work hard and have a positive attitude, and gives them opportunity for their future. The staff do not judge the campers based on the situation they come from and love the campers for their passion towards learning and gorgeous smiles.

The picture above is me and my camper Nikeria at Camp Jenny. It is so important for the world to give kids like her opportunity with out judgement, and I hope that this can help bring us one step closer to a little less hate toward people living with all different characteristics. I know we also recently had the tragedy in Charleston , in which a man came and took 9 lives because of his judgement toward African Americans, in which these 9 African Americans came to church that noght to study the bible, discuss it, just as we are now on this blog. I hope for a world and future with less judgement. We passed a law allowing Gay Marriage this summer. Two steps foward, one step back.

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree with your final statement: two steps forward, one step back. I think that Camp Jenny is something that can help benefit society on such a great level, that if only everyone had the same dedication and opportunity, our world might be a more peaceful place where tragedies like Charleston rarely happen if at all. I also think that if we keep moving forward taking steps like allowing gay marriage, the world slowly but surely become a more equal and peaceful place.

    -Rachael Coleman

    ReplyDelete